Use your library card to visit some great local museums.
Click here for availability.
Empire Pass to NYS Parks
The EMPIRE PASS allows entry of any vehicle occupied by the pass holder to most New York State parks, Department of Environmental Conservation forest preserve areas, boat launch sites, arboretums and park preserves. Day Use Only (no camping). Areas include:
- North-South Lake in Haines Falls (40 minute trip)
- Beaverkill in Roscoe (90 minute trip)
- Devil’s Tombstone in Hunter (40 minute trip)
- Kenneth L. Wilson in Mount Tremper (15 minute trip)
- Little Pond in Andes (75 minute trip)
- Woodland Valley in Phoenicia (35 minute trip)
- Franny Reese (40 minute trip)
- Minnewaska State Park Preserve (40 minute trip)
- Lake Taghkanic (60 minute trip)
- Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park (40 minute trip)
- Bear Mountain (includes zoo) (70 minute trip)
Mohonk Preserve Day Pass (45 minute trip)
New York’s largest nonprofit nature preserve. Come to the Visitor Center for recreation suggestions, directions, and information on local wildlife and geology. Note: the Mohonk Nature Preserve and the Mohonk Mountain House are two separate places.
Opus 40 Sculpture Park (15 minute trip)
Visitors can walk through, around, and over our 6½-acre sculpture, from the deepest recesses of its subterranean pathways (16 feet below ground) and up to the nine-ton monolith that is the epicenter and summit of the sculpture (three stories above ground).
Storm King Sculpture Park (1 hour trip)
1 Museum Rd, New Windsor, NY
More than 100 sculptures are carefully placed on their grounds. Storm King provides trams for visitors with limited mobility and young children, who may be given priority over other visitors. Trams run approximately every 30 minutes from 11am to 4:30pm.
Woodstock Animal Sanctuary (30 minute trip)
We welcome visitors to come and meet animals who are most commonly exploited, abused, and killed in animal agriculture. Our animal residents are given lifelong sanctuary and are treated with respect as individuals. By giving farmed animals the chance to live their lives with dignity and by sharing their stories, we advocate for veganism and aim to reduce suffering for all.