Use your library card to visit some great local museums.
Click here for availability.
Empire State Museum Reciprocal Program
Present your valid ESAM membership card while visiting any of the museums below to receive free member admission during regular museum hours. You may also receive member discounts at some museum shops. Some exceptions may apply.
Please contact the individual Museum directly for any specific restrictions.
- Adirondack History Museum in Elizabethtown, NY (3 hour trip)
- Albany Institute of History & Art in Albany, NY (1 hour trip)
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery in Buffalo, NY (5.5 hour trip)
- Alfred Ceramic Art Museum in Alfred, NY (4.5 hour trip)
- Arkell Museum at Canajoharie in Canajoharie, NY (2 hour trip)
- Arnot Art Museum in Elmira, NY (3.5 hour trip)
- Burchfield Penney Art Center in Buffalo, NY (5.5 hour trip)
- Children’s Museum of Science & Technology in Troy, NY (1.25 hour trip)
- Empire State Aerosciences Museum in Glenville, NY (1.5 hour trip)
- Everson Museum of Art in Syracuse, NY (3.25 hour trip)
- F ASNY Museum of Firefighting in Hudson, NY (45 minute trip)
- Frederic Remington Art Museum in Ogdensburg, NY (5 hour trip)
- The Hyde Collection I Glens Falls, NY (2 hour trip)
- Irish American Heritage Museum in Albany, NY (2 hour trip)
- miSci (Museum of Innovation & Science) in Schenectady, NY (1.25 hour trip)
- National Museum of Dance in Saratoga Springs, NY (1.5 hour trip)
- New-York Historical Society in New York, NY (2 hour trip)
- Phelps Mansion Museum in Binghamton, NY (2.5 hour trip)
- Roberson Museum and Science Center in Binghamton, NY (2.5 hour trip)
- Saratoga Automobile Museum in Saratoga Springs, NY (1.5 hour trip)
- Staten Island Museum in Staten Island, NY (1.5 hour trip)
- World Awareness Children’s Museum in Glens Falls, NY (2 hour trip)
Empire Pass to NYS Parks
The EMPIRE PASS allows entry of any vehicle occupied by the pass holder to most New York State parks, Department of Environmental Conservation forest preserve areas, boat launch sites, arboretums and park preserves. Day Use Only (no camping). Areas include: North-South Lake in Haines Falls, Beaverkill in Roscoe, Devil’s Tombstone in Hunter, Kenneth L. Wilson in Mount Tremper, Little Pond in Andes, Woodland Valley in Phoenicia, Franny Reese, Minnewaska State Park Preserve, Lake Taghkanic, Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park, Bear Mountain (includes zoo)
Mohonk Preserve Day Pass
New York’s largest nonprofit nature preserve. Come to the Visitor Center for recreation suggestions, directions, and information on local wildlife and geology. Note: the Mohonk Nature Preserve and the Mohonk Mountain House are two separate places. It takes about 45 minutes to drive from the library.
Storm King Sculpture Park
1 Museum Rd, New Windsor, NY
More than 100 sculptures are carefully placed on their grounds. Storm King provides trams for visitors with limited mobility and young children, who may be given priority over other visitors. Trams run approximately every 30 minutes from 11am to 4:30pm. It takes about an hour to drive from the library.
Woodstock Animal Sanctuary
We welcome visitors to come and meet animals who are most commonly exploited, abused, and killed in animal agriculture. Our animal residents are given lifelong sanctuary and are treated with respect as individuals. By giving farmed animals the chance to live their lives with dignity and by sharing their stories, we advocate for veganism and aim to reduce suffering for all. It takes about 30 minutes to drive from the library.