Small donations may be dropped off at the library during business hours.
If you have a large number of books to donate (3 boxes or more), please call the library at 845-679-6405 to make arrangements to drop them off.
Our sales are only as good as our donations. We can only sell books that are in good condition. Books that are moldy or smelly, have torn covers or missing pages, or have been nibbled on by the family pet cannot be sold. Please recycle these books yourself.
- We gladly accept:
- items which are in good condition, clean, dry, mold-free
- books with covers
- audio books on CDs and tapes
- commerically produced CDs
- commercially produced DVDS and videocassettes
- complete encyclopedia sets published after 2005
- We do not accept:
- items which are unhealthy to handle or dirty, moldy, smelly, burnt, chewed or wet
- books missing covers
- National Geographic magazines
- most magazines (We do accept certain magazines, so please call in advance to find out whether we accept what you have.)
- encyclopedias published before 2000
- encyclopedia year books
- homemade DVDs, CDs, videos, or cassette tapes
- commercial LPs and cassette tapes of music
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Sets of books that are out-dated (i.e., science, computers, inventions, etc.) Publishing date must be within three years of current year
- Textbooks older than three years
- Law case, statute, and regulation books